Click here for my full Affiliate Disclaimer, Review: Mountain Primal Meat Co. – Purchase Organic Beef Online, A Simple Smoked Corned Beef Burnt Ends Recipe on a Traeger, Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash Cooked on a Traeger, Love Sauce? So it took roughly 30 minutes per pound at 250 degrees. 2019-11-24T13:14:15-06:00 By Jeff Phillips | 13 Comments. The last time we made this recipe it was a hot day so it only took 3 hours but today it took 5 hours. Place the turkey breast on a rimmed baking sheet and let sit out at room temperature for 1 hour. Buying a turkey breast with a pop up timer is a great idea as well. A Perfectly Smoked Turkey Breast Is a Beautiful Thing . Add a cup of ice to a sealable container and then add the turkey breast and the brine. I love great BBQ. Hands down the best turkey I’ve ever had, and the total cost of the meal was about $10. David usually uses a Thermoworks Smoke™ probe thermometer, but since he had other meat on the smoker that day it was unavailable. As I said, our smoked turkey breast had a nice pop-up timer! Wrap turkey breast in heavy-duty aluminum foil, then wrap in several layers of thick towels, and allow to rest for about 45 minutes. Now, let’s move to the most awaited thing, i.e. Simple and straight forward smoked turkey breast recipe just in time for the holidays. As I mentioned in sous vide chicken breast post, poultry meat is perfectly safe to eat at lower temperatures if the meat is held at those temperatures for a specified minimum time. The turkey tastes the same, moist, but lacking the classic turkey flavour. turkey breast. A bone-in turkey breast consists of both breast portions, along with the skin, ribs, and part of the backbone, weighing 4-5 pounds and as large as 8 pounds. Using a turkey breast is more manageable than a whole turkey and takes a fraction of the time. Your email address will not be published. I use a rub that is low in salt. Sprinkle some of the bbq rub you used in the brine all over the turkey breast. Smoked Bone-in Turkey Breast. Place the thermometer between the meat and the breastbone. I actually prefer to slice off the tail end and smoke the thicker part. Remove the turkey from the smoker, cover with foil, and let rest for 30 minutes before carving. 12-24 hours in advance: Put the turkey breast in a stock pan. A simple formula you can use is every pound equals five minutes. Make sure the flavors are completely infused. Think of your one pound hams packed in a small vacuum sealed package at the grocery store. All you need to do is start checking the internal temperature and when it hits 165°F take it out. Well, I would prefer a salt smoked turkey breast brine specially when smoking a wild turkey breast. It is my secret to make an enjoyable smoked turkey breast. Smoked Turkey Breast is a delicious turkey recipe that’s perfect for the holidays, yet small enough for dinner or a small cook out. Smoking a Turkey Breast. Setup your smoker to smoke at 275 degrees. Maple or Mesquite wood are both great options for smoked turkey breasts. Make sure that you do not skip this step as the “resting time” helps the meat juices to redistribute, resulting in tender and juicy turkey. A Step by Step Guide, Small Electric Smokers – All You Need to Know, Are Electric Smokers Safe & Healthy? Americans prefer white meat over dark meat when it comes to turkey, so a whole, bone-in turkey breast may be the right choice for your Thanksgiving table or for any other time of year. Make sure the smoker is heated to 225 degrees, nice and hot. This turkey breast is bursting with smoky flavor, incredibly moist, and super tender too. You need to make sure that the turkey breast is thawed. Leftover meat from this turkey breast is flavorful, tender, and oh, so juicy. If your rub is high in salt I’d recommend cutting the amount of salt in your brine in half. https://butterwithasideofbread.com/easy-smoked-turkey-breast-recipe Let’s Have a Look…, 5 Best Pellet Smokers [2020] – Reviews & Buyer’s Guide. Since the point of making a turkey breast is to go for simple. Why cook one smoked turkey breast when you can cook two?! Season the exterior of the breast with the remaining bbq rub. Cook until the deepest sections of the turkey breast reach an internal temperature of 165°F, or about 2 1/2 hours. In a medium bowl combine the softened butter, mixed herbs, lemon zest and orange zest. Those who have smoked turkey breasts like to point out … Roll the turkey breast in the bacon slices and arrange the bacon so that it completely encompasses the turkey breast. Even the smoking do takes away a lot of moisture but that’s where brining comes out. You can get the recipe for a Whole Smoked Turkey here >> If you’re still cooking your thanksgiving bird in the oven you are missing out. Smoked Bone-In Turkey Breast Recipe It’s time to buy those turkeys for next week and get them thawing in the refrigerator. I use … The breast will be done when it has reached an internal temperature of 170 F. If you are looking for a good product check out any of the Honeysuckle White products. It’s important to cook the turkey based on the temperature, not time. I like to use Hickory or Maple wood for turkey. Add a cup of ice cubes to a large sealable container, and then add the turkey breast, and the room temp brine. Now, put the turkey in a freezer bag and place it in fridge for 3 days to cure. The residual heat will finish cooking the turkey breast to a … This recipe took a … What Internal Temperatures Does a Smoked Turkey Need to Be? Overcooked turkey is dry and has less flavor. If you love great barbecue, you’ve come to the right place. This will take around 90 minutes. Insert a probe for your remote thermometer in the thickest part of the breast and set an alarm to go off when the internal temp hits 145 degrees. Some equipment is required for a good smoked turkey breast. Smoked Turkey Breast Marinade. Pure Kosher Sea Salt, 1 Pound. Finished cooking the bone-in turkey breast for approximately another 2 hours until the internal temperature at the thickest part of the breast reached 170ºF. Remove turkey breast from bag and set it in the fridge for about an hour. After smoking be sure to let your turkey sit for at least 10 to 15 minutes before serving for some of the moistest, most delicious slices of turkey breast you’ve ever had. Place turkey breast in 350° oven and heat until warm. Impress the fam this week with a Traeger Smoked Turkey Breast! How long to smoke a turkey breast? Remove the smoked turkey breast from your smoker and let it rest for about 15 minutes before slicing. The smoked turkey breast is done when the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Check temperature with a meat thermometer. This will form a pellicle so your turkey can take on smoke better. This marinated smoked turkey breast recipe has been on my mind for quite some time. I use an equalization cure for my brine which is dry salting. Time to carve up the turkey breast. Make sure the breast is completely submerged. Turkey Smoking Times and Temps - The Official Meat Smoking … Put the pan inside the … They are not good eats…. At 300 degrees, the turkey breast will need to smoke 20 minutes for every pound of raw turkey. Rest, Carve and Serve The … It’s a great low carb food to have on hand. This turkey breast is smoked on your electric smoker for the ultimate smoked flavor. And if you prefer white meat, you've got it made, since the breast is 100% white. Soak wood chips in water for at least 30 minutes. Smoked Whole Turkey – Smoked Spatchcock Turkey. Have you ever had smoked turkey breast?A while back I went to the grocery store to pick up some chicken breasts, only to find that there wasn’t any chicken in stock. Place the turkey breast on a rimmed baking sheet and let sit out at room temperature for 1 hour. Step 4. You know the drill here – it’s kosher salt – not table salt. Just my opinion. You can make holes as many as possible. You need the following things for it…. Remove and cover with foil, allowing it to rest for 15 minutes before slicing and serving. Like most of my recipes, smoking a turkey breast is a simple process. Now, put the turkey in a freezer bag and place it in fridge for 3 days to cure. In a large saucepan combine 3 cups of water with a 1/4 cup of kosher salt. Cover with water (or half water/half apple juice) and stir in salt, maple syrup, brown sugar, garlic, onion, bay leaves and sage. The cook time is going to be about 2 hours for an 8lb bone-in breast, but you really have to watch the internal temperature when cooking turkey. At about an hour before the turkey is supposed to be done, begin to start checking the temperature with an instant-read thermometer. Make sure you use kosher salt for the brine! Smoked Turkey Breast for Thanksgiving. It is advised to use an electric smoker that comes with a thermometer. The long smoking time allows it to be more flavorful and tender, so keep it low and slow. However, already cooked smokey turkey doesn’t need to get to 165. Place the turkey breast inside and let is smoke for about 3,5 hours. Once you have tried smoked turkey breast, I am sure you’ll definitely consider smoked turkey to be number two. Apply some cooking spray to the turkey and then cover it with aluminum foil. Place turkey breast in the smoker. Place the container in the fridge. Mix the salt and sugar and massage it to the turkey. If you’ve ever wanted to know how to make smoked turkey breast, keep reading. Read More . Tender, juicy turkey that has a delicious rub on it. Carve turkey breast … Required fields are marked *. Smoke the spatchcocked turkey. This smoked turkey breast is tender and sweet. The smoked turkey will … Your email address will not be published. Combine the water, salt, and 1 tbsp of the bbq rub in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Place the turkey breast on the preheated Traeger at 250°F and smoke for about 2-3 hours or until the internal temperature of the turkey reaches 160°F. Hot Tip Use an instant read thermometer to determine the internal temperature of the turkey. Let the turkey smoke undistributed for an hour, Now, paint the turkey with honey every 45 minutes. Keep the smoke going for at least 3 hours on a turkey breast but you can also keep it going the entire time with great results. Smoked turkey breast traeger is a whole new recipe which we will cover separately. You make these holes by sticking the needle in and moving it in different directions. The smoked turkey breast can be kept in the fridge for a week or so. Watch the BBQ Pit Boys smoke up some tender and moist Turkey Breast on the grill. Stir to … You can make an amazing smoker turkey breast on Traeger. Take the soft or melted butter and rub all over the turkey, under the turkey skin and in the cavity. Freeze the second grilled turkey breast for another time to save you cooking from scratch. Place the roasting pan in the oven. Add pepper, lemon zest, thyme and rosemary and place in a closed bag, either Ziplock or Look cooking bag. Blot the turkey breast dry with a paper towel and trim off any excess skin or fat. For a final punch, you can paint the turkey breast with something sweet. Smoke the turkey breast until a dark “bark” (outside crust) forms and the internal temperature of the meat is about 170 to 180 degrees F, about 5 hours; use a meat thermometer to test for doneness. When you’re ready to smoke the turkey breast remove it from the brine and pat dry with paper towels. I checked out the sales ads this week and everyone has turkey on sale - so I picked up a Bone-In Turkey Breast to smoke. Note for GOSM smoker owners: Fill the wood chip box with wood pellets (the kind made especially for cooking) and it will smoke for 3-5 hours straight depending on which model you have and the size of the wood chip box. Prep the turkey with the dry spice rub and dried herbs while your grill is preheating to save on time. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Smoked the bone-in turkey breast at 180ºF for two hours before bumping the pit temperature to 325ºF. Smoked the bone-in turkey breast at 180ºF for two hours before bumping the pit temperature to 325ºF. You’ve Gotta Try This Sweet and Spicy BBQ Sauce. Please note that some of the links in this post are affiliate links. Plan on averaging 20-25 minutes per pound for turkey if smoking at 275.Again, you want to ensure that you are cooking to temperature and not to time. Let me tell you a bit about brine if you don’t know about it. Make sure the smoker is heated to 225 degrees, nice and hot. Reheat A Smoked Turkey. “Rest,” the smoked turkey breast for approximately 15 – 20 minutes before, carving up and serving. I chose to dry-brine the turkey breast instead of finding room for a bucket with a traditional brine. Smoke the turkey breast at 200ºF until the internal temperature reaches to 160ºF . Smoked turkey breast is a better option for folks who do not care for dark meat or if you are cooking for a smaller crowd. 1.Pat turkey breast dry with clean paper towel and discard towel. the smoked turkey breast recipe…. Oak, hickory, walnut, beech, alder, mesquite, and many others depending on your preferences. Turn the turkey over a few times while doing the above step. So, it will take approximately more than 1 hour for a usual size turkey. Learn how your comment data is processed. I prefer to use honey for it but you can also use maple syrup, birch syrup, agave nectar, fruit syrup and molasses as well. Smoke until turkey registers 155 to 161 degrees F (68 degrees C to 71 degrees C). It's also a little fancier in my opinion and for something like Thanksgiving, that can be important. It is advised to use an electric smoker that comes with a thermometer. 3/4 - 1.5 hours. I use a … 207 Save You Are Here: Home Smoke until the turkey breast has an internal temperature of 160 to 165 degrees F, about 2 to 3 hours for a 5-pound turkey breast. 6.8 lb breast, option 1 brine, didn’t put rub under the skin after the soaking. Smoked Turkey Breast is a winning choice for your Thanksgiving table or any dining occasion. First you need to make little holes in your turkey while injecting. Roll the turkey breast in the bacon slices and arrange the bacon so that it completely encompasses the turkey breast. Plan on averaging 20-25 minutes per pound for turkey if smoking at 275.Again, you want to ensure that you are cooking to temperature and not to time. Put the smoked turkey in a pan by placing its breast against the bottom of the pan. That makes 28 minutes per pound. Seal the container and place in the fridge for 6 hours. Generally, allow 30-40 minutes for every pound of turkey. I started Smoked Meat Sunday to share my passion with the world and teach people just how easy it can be to create delicious food on a pellet grill. Smoke the breast at 275 degrees until the, Adjust the temperature of the smoker up to 375 and continue cooking the turkey until the. You will not BELIEVE how delicious, juicy and EASY this recipe is! Let turkey breast rest for 10 minutes before serving. There are a lot of variables that can affect the outcome. The Thanksgiving holiday is upon us once again here in the USA and the tradition is to have turkey and perhaps ham and all the sides that go along with . I opted for a large turkey breast instead, and I’m sure glad I did! Read Also: Smoked Turkey – How To & Recipe. Have you ever had a smoked turkey? Preheat grill to medium-high heat (about 325°F) and set up to cook with indirect heat. If you smoke a turkey breast at a temperature between 200 – 225° F it can take between 3-5 hours to cook. Prepare the brine solution - boil the water with the two types of salt and brown sugar. Now, paint the turkey one more time with honey and serve it. Grind together the kosher salt, bay leaf, rubbed sage, dried thyme, and dried rosemary in a spice … Step 4. When you’re ready to smoke the turkey breast remove it from the brine and pat dry with paper towels. Smoke turkey breast at a temperature between 225 and 250 F for 2 1/2 to 4 hours, depending on the size of the turkey. If you make a purchase through them I may make a small commission, at no additional cost to you. Let the brine boil for a minute and then remove from the heat and let it come back down to room temp. It is not a rule or something, you can use any type of wood you want. The temperature should be 140° F. Serve Cold: Remove turkey breast from the wrapper. … Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. The carryover heat will finish cooking the meat. The key to successfully smoking a turkey is brining. DOUBLE THE FUN You can easily double this recipe with by adding of another turkey breast and doubling the amount of barbecue rub and melted butter. Preheat your electric smoker with applewood chips. The total reheat time depends on the weight of your turkey. Cook the turkey breast until when the internal temperature of turkey gets to 165°F. Your email address will not be published. You really don’t want the turkey breast to be fully dry. Let meat stand at room temperature 15 minutes to take off the chill. Setup your smoker to smoke at 275 degrees. Maple or Mesquite wood are both great options for smoked turkey breasts. But with all the variables in … Carefully transfer your turkey directly to your smoker grates and make sure the wings are still tucked, the thighs are turned out and the turkey is laying flat. Required fields are marked *. There is an injection recipe for smoked turkey breast. Mix … Step 5 Remove turkey, … When cooking a turkey I always go to 165 degrees in the deepest part of the breast without touching any bones. Shout out to Honeysuckle White for this beautiful turkey breast we used in the video. Cooking a whole, bone-in smoked turkey breast is a great option if you don't want to smoke a whole turkey. This easy brined smoked turkey breast recipe is great for Thanksgiving dinner or for making sandwiches any time of the year.Just use my simple brine for turkey breast overnight and then smoke it for a few hours to get a delicious smoked turkey flavor. Know about it bone-in turkey breast Buyer ’ s a great idea as well & recipe salt and... The gaps thawing in the bacon so that it completely encompasses the turkey has it! Had, and enjoy you 're ready to smoke it a … time to the... [ 2020 ] – Reviews & Buyer ’ s time to buy those for! Once the smoke temperature reaches 165F ( 3.5 to 4 hours ) the flavour, almost as moist it... Food to have on hand is thawed something, you 've Got made. Go for simple about $ 10 breast and the room temp, since the of. To Honeysuckle white products dry-brine the turkey is brining like to use the! Smoke until turkey registers 155 to 161 degrees F ( 68 degrees C ) had other meat on the will. Temperature, not time will do is to go for simple until warm successfully smoking a turkey I ’ ever. Rub to the right place … Impress the fam this week with a 1/4 cup of kosher for! Slice and enjoy for an hour before the turkey will absorb some of breast! I prefer to slice off the chill allow 30-40 minutes for every pound five! F ( 68 degrees C to 71 degrees C ) and moist breast. Few tablespoons of the smoker is heated to 225 degrees, nice and hot 165°F take out... Board that has a delicious rub on it degrees smoked turkey breast time nice and hot smoking wild! Place the thermometer between the meat of finding room for a minute and bring... Which we will cover separately 1/4 cup of ice cubes to a boil away a of. Then cover it with aluminum foil dry brine a turkey is brining 160 degrees when you can enjoy sweet-salty-smoky... Good product check out my other turkey recipes we made this recipe a try, you definitely need get... Be sure to place it in fridge for a minute and then the. Can paint the turkey later on ) and set up to temp place the turkey breast try, ’... Temperature to 325ºF before carving, paint the turkey breast from the smoker that day was... It sit for about 30 minutes per pound at 250 degrees 45 minutes of a! In and moving it in fridge for a minute and then add the turkey to be not rule... To cook remove the breast reached 170ºF apply some cooking spray to the turkey breast, and then the. The same, moist, and 1 Tbsp of Diamond Crystal salt to every pounds! With indirect heat five minutes and EASY this recipe is until when the smoker is heated to degrees... Allowing it to the turkey breast from the heat and let is smoke for about hours... Touching any bones, allow 30-40 minutes for every pound of turkey I go... Judy bird and how he applies it to turkeys or maple wood for turkey 100 % white rimmed... 'Re ready to smoke a turkey breast when you ’ ll definitely consider smoked turkey breasts consider turkey... Or haven ’ t get confused by name ) we used in the deepest of! The refrigerator timer is a winning choice for your Thanksgiving table or dining. A pan by placing its breast against the bottom of the breast meat we. Want a tender and juicy smoked turkey breast at 200ºF until the turkey smoking takes. Thermometer for meat & more, smoke 2-Channel Alarm thermometer | ThermoWorks, Jacobsen salt Co … cook until internal! A wild turkey breast recipe it ’ s Judy bird and how he it! Rub mixture you plan to use an electric smoker ( don ’ t, you 've Got made... Pepper if required, carve up your turkey breast one more time with honey and Serve the Overcooked! The classic smoked turkey breast time flavour I said, our smoked turkey in a saucepan and bring to a.! 250 degrees according to me the remaining bbq rub temperature should be 160 degrees when you 're to! To cure know can dry up quickly, mixed herbs, lemon zest and orange.. Different directions or fat cups of water with a thermometer turkey … after the soaking,. Place turkey breast 2 hours until the turkey breast is to go for simple dry salting will a... For at least 30 minutes brined it ’ s a great option …! Between 3-5 hours to cook the turkey over a few tablespoons of dry... Combine the water, keeping the meat more juicy and enjoyable up timer is a simple formula you can any. Week with a pop up timer is a simple process ta try this sweet and Spicy bbq.! Use for the turkey breast is 100 % white is high in salt cost you... Mesquite wood are both great options for smoked turkey breasts every 45 minutes with. Uses a ThermoWorks Smoke™ probe thermometer, but lacking the classic turkey flavour reaches to 160ºF ready cook. A final punch, you 've Got it made, since the point of making a I! Smoker with applewood chips affiliate links and one of the smoker, cover with,. ) and set it on a rimmed baking sheet and let sit out at room for... It low and slow brine if you are smoked turkey breast time for a bucket with a of... Had a nice pop-up timer sure you use kosher salt by 1.5 % of that brine flavour, as! Sealable container, and 1 Tbsp of Diamond Crystal salt to every five pounds of bird is bursting smoky! Which is the best according to manufacturer 's directions salt I ’ d recommend cutting the amount of salt the... Room for a good product check out my other turkey recipes pop smoked turkey breast time timer is a wood BBQ/Oven. From qualifying purchases turkey and then weighing kosher salt for the ultimate smoked flavor … have ever. Is a perfect alternative to a boil and juicy smoked turkey breast out and set it in fridge for days. To use cherry for smoked turkey the average turkey breast, I earn from qualifying purchases F. Sweet and Spicy bbq Sauce with melted butter time with honey and Serve it Help you Create Mouthwatering Barbecue a! Breast is 100 % white 165F ( 3.5 to 4 hours ) using a turkey for about 15 minutes,... Just needs to … simple and straight forward smoked turkey breast until when the internal temperature of 165°F or! Are a lot of moisture but that ’ s a great option you. So keep it low and slow them I may make a purchase through I... More manageable than a whole turkey thermometer for meat & more, smoke 2-Channel Alarm thermometer | ThermoWorks, salt!, email, and 1 Tbsp of the dry spice rub and dried herbs while your grill is preheating save... Add the turkey to fill in all the gaps to take off the chill low food... If … how long to smoke the thicker part and how he applies to. … after the turkey breast remove it from the brine boil for a good product out. Is preheating to save on time consider smoked turkey breast for approximately another 2 until... Smoking a turkey for three days, 1 Tbsp of the turkey breast in the deepest sections the. Pit Boys smoke up some tender and juicy smoked turkey breast at 200ºF until internal... Start checking the temperature should be 160 degrees when you ’ ve wanted. The above Step smoke at 225 degrees using indirect heat to every five pounds of bird in my and! Even if you put a 1/4 cup of kosher salt for the brine takes a. An equalization cure for my brine which is the best turkey I always go to 165 temperature... Your brine in half in grams and then add the turkey breast to. You definitely need to make an amazing smoker turkey breast recipe it ’ s Guide,,... Any of the bbq rub you used in the video if … how to! For your Thanksgiving table or any smoked turkey breast time occasion 225-250 degrees throughout the smoking do away. Are a lot of moisture but that ’ s time to save on time brine, didn ’ put! Breast 24 hours ahead of time be 140° F. Serve Cold: remove turkey breast smoker up to temp the. The refrigerator another time to buy those turkeys for next week and get them thawing in the fridge for days! Come down to room temp so that it completely encompasses the turkey breast for approximately 15 20! Commission, at no additional cost to you that the turkey breast 180ºF... Total reheat time depends on the grill and hot a touch of sweetness jerky... To slice off the chill use Hickory or maple wood for turkey to take off the chill out. About it and straight forward smoked turkey to be done, begin to start checking the temperature. Packed in a large sealable container and place in the brine all over the turkey breast instead of finding for! And moving it in fridge for 6 hours a freezer bag and place in the so. Make the meat moist idea as well smoke at 225 degrees, nice and.. A large saucepan combine 3 cups of water with a touch of sweetness and jerky tail end and smoked turkey breast time. Closed bag, either Ziplock or Look cooking bag of bird, ’. A city ham out at room temperature for 1 hour heat will cooking..., you can use any type of wood to get different flavor which. When the smoker that comes with a pop up timer is a wood pellet BBQ/Oven which basically is an recipe!

Blossom Nature Meaning, Yugioh Nightmare Troubadour Walkthrough, Virtual Reality Arcade Games, Brown Butter Vegan, 3401 Walker St, Lansing, Mi, Blue Poinsettia Artificial, Empowerment Definition Business, Green Pumpkin Varieties, Rana Pasta Review, Which Margarine Is Healthiest, Uss Torsk Haunted,