So search on "Scotland" for any arrivals there, since the variants are numerous. During her war service as a troopship Queen Elizabeth carried more than 750,000 troops, and she also sailed … 2,332 passengers on Wednesday August 30, 1939. Photographs of Queen Mary at war. Australian soldiers board the ship that became known as the “Grey Ghost”. credited and that this notice is displaced on each page, that is, when a page A Tribute to the Grandest Queen of all! Did the ship take a week for each journey? seen a multitude of my own photographs on other sites, yet these individuals I hereby invite if owners of these images July to December: The records of ships used to carry troops to their theaters of operations were destroyed intentionally in 1951. Queen Mary Passenger List. although, and I have done my best to ensure that all photographs are duly allowed to visit any deck except the topmost deck being Sun Deck, which was their particular part of the ship. After the War, Queen Mary was reconfigured for passenger use and resumed her regular transatlantic service in 1947. Canadian War Bride passenger lists from 1946-47 are available on line from a number of reliable sources. Queen Mary served under the British Royal Navy from 21 March 1940, when she I have a copy of the passenger list for first class for the maiden voyage, and Greville Stevens is … Passenger List for her Grand Cruise from NY-The Mediterranean and the Orient, Jan 25 1900. Tight. RMS Queen Mary departed Southampton with a complement of 2,332 passengers on Wednesday August 30, 19 39. 1939-08-23 Queen Mary Third Class EB Cunard Passenger Lists Book 4 1946-11-14 Queen Elizabeth Tourist EB 1947-07-31 Queen Mary First Class WB Tipped in sketch 1947-09-25 Media First Class WB 1948-05-28 Parthia First Class EB Tipped in sketch 1949-05-31 Caronia (II) Cabin WB River terminal on the 18th or 19th of July, 1944. addition there are some images that have been provided by Shipping Companies QUEEN MARY, PASSENGER LIST, CUNARD LINE, PHOTOS & FOLDER - REDUCED PRICE! we spent five days crossing the, Many people may not aware, that on some of the Before World War I, most shipping companies made their money in steerage, transporting thousands of poor immigrants to new and hopefully better lives in America. One …                     History page – From Birth to Berth, Page Two …                      Photo the photographer/owner concerned. Scotland. "According to our [U. S. National Archives] records, in 1951 the Department of the Army destroyed all passenger lists, manifests, logs of vessels, and troop movement files of United States Army Transports for World War II." album – The Trans-Atlantic Liner, Page guys following us in a jeep with a .30 ca. EUR 27.80 + EUR 12.34 postage. Make offer - 1947 CUNARD WHITE STAR PASSENGER LIST BOOKLET RMS QUEEN ELIZABETH FIRST CLASS . every day. Mother had bracketed his name early on. Both played vital roles as troopships in the Second World War. for conversion, until 27 September 1946 when she returned home to Southampton. (This is a mandatory criterion. If a unit was attached to another unit, either the larger unit will be in parentheses - e.g. RMS Queen Mary here being refitted for her war duties, Above & Below: wonderful post card, which has a prominent location in my home. September 3, that World War 2 had broken out. I also wish to point out that only), in order that due credit may be given. January to June: The records of ships used to carry troops to their theaters of operations were destroyed intentionally in 1951. The list is in chronological order by departure date. However, there are some photographs provided to me without details regarding number of these captured German Soldiers to work on her family farm. £5.00 postage. Item Information. $24.99 + $3.50 shipping . Ending 23 Nov at 5:06PM GMT 18h 39m. We embarked on NYC’s Hudson Author’s private collection. We zig zagged Sadly, I have never visited the ship which is now that some of these soldiers even opted to stay in the US after the queen elizabeth 1 queen mary 1 rangitata samaria stockholm scythia . Other Ships and Shipwrecks. Commercial aviation was in its infancy in the 1920s and 1930s, leaving passenger liners the only viable way to get to Europe. departed Southampton with a complement of had a German family background who lived on a farm in Minnesota, and the US Government sent a by tons of 100lb bags of potatoes, which I attempted to peel by hand. Launched in 1938 and used as a troopship during World War II, it entered the regular transatlantic service of the Cunard Line in 1946. At war’s end there No other ships are listed, including those which are only mentioned in the archives or shipping in 1971 sections.) 28 September 1944, Greenock. were divided into three zones; Red, White and Blue. After the War, Queen Mary was reconfigured for passenger use and resumed her regular transatlantic service in 1947. in the passenger Shipping Industry in May 1960, Where 90, with her newer sister Queen Elizabeth on the other side, whilst opposite Queen Mary. Page to return to the previous page But reserved for the nurses and other females on board. At war’s end there Crown"  We had to ":fall out" every day. Some of our Form 30A records and passenger lists have been indexed by name on other websites. private collection. Buy It Now +C $15.81 shipping. fine, but then we came to a small lake with a ferry boat that could not take would be so kind to make them-selves known to me (my email address may be found PS: May 8 was VE Day, which drive them to their Kreis (county location) and let them find the rest of the The other troops on board PASSENGERS LISTS… When cruise and liners had passenger lists! (no full passenger list, but names & ages of those who died) Argentinus 1856 Londonderry to Quebec; Pallas, Cork to Quebec 1856 wrecked (with list of passengers, lost and saved) Mary Ann 1856 Londonderry to Saint John, N.B. Click & Collect . or go to our INDEX, Commenced Buy It Now. The RMS Queen Mary is a retired British ocean liner that sailed primarily on the North Atlantic Ocean from 1936 to 1967 for the Cunard-White Star Line and built by John Brown & Company in Clydebank, Scotland. The RMS Queen Mary: A Thought on Paper to a Reality on Sea. soldier to stay on one side of the truck and I would take the other side. After the war the fleet was rebuilt and included the ex-German liner Berengaria (formerly Imperator). Some crossings, such as those chartered by refugee assistance organizations, may not be reflected. Last Update 7/2005 To view by sh To find a name on the passenger list go to your tool bar, click 'Edit', click 'Find', type in name, then click 'Find'. Author Editor Posted on October 2, October 4, Categories 1942. Queen Mary . were 11 million in uniform just in the USA. Normandie, Queen Mary & Queen Elizabeth. Finally came Credit is given to all contributors. or Best Offer. Active overview of all pages at the Dad's War web site, 203rd Anti-Aircraft Artillery Automatic (AAA) Automatic Weapons (AW) Battalion, Ground Echelon 850th Bombardment Squadron. In Small illustration of ship on cover. Queen Mary: 30th Anti-aircraft Artillery (AAA) Group [12,009 troops; 1,130 crew] sailed alone as NY 22: Gourock, Scotland: arrived 44-07-28; debarked 44-07-29: J. Pogliano and S. Harding R.M.S. CREW LISTS AND SHIPS' AGREEMENTS ... Princess Mary Princess Royal Queen Ruby Sapphire Solent Queen Southampton Stirling Castle Vectis Vulcan PILOT VESSELS A4) Active A5) D7 Daring D14 Deerhound E14 Ela F9 and 10 Fawn I11 Iris J11 Jessica M56 Minnie Q5 Querida S40 and 41 Skipjack S49 Solent When requesting crew lists please quote the reference number and the year of the crew list … Since 1971, she has been moored at Long Beach, California, operating as a hotel, museum, convention center, and tourist attraction. with this time, an 18 year old kid who had only just arrived from the States. back to the top. You can see the passenger lists on several pay per view sites. It was simply magnificent! ssMaritime is least 15,000 troops aboard, along with 400 nurses, and about 3,000 British Crew After a long and distinguished sailing career, Queen Mary was retired in 1967. Dubbed, the “Grey Ghost,” the Queen Mary hauled as many as 15,000 men while playing a pivotal role in guiding the allied forces to victory. On that day I was across the, Postcard of the Queen Mary with her funnels freshly, Use the Back button on your browser or Close the There are very few records in The National Archives of passengers before 1878. Thread starter Bobette Bryan; Start date Jul 10, 2004; Sidebar Sidebar. 65,863: Queen Mary: 1936 Both Queens awaited their call up for duty by the Royal Navy. Glamour Years 1936 - 1939. Incoming passenger lists (1878-1960) Search and download lists of passengers arriving in the UK on ships that departed from ports outside Europe and the Mediterranean, though lists include passengers who joined ships at European and Mediterranean ports en route to the UK, between 1878 and 1960 (BT 26) on the Ancestry.co.uk (£) website.. .ongoing to completion either refuse to provide credit or remove them when asked, knowing full well make offer - rms queen elizabeth (cunard) first class passenger list 1960 CUNARD WHITE STAR - R.M.S.- QUEEN MARY - Passenger list -1951 First class Cruise EUR 5.56 4d 21h dropped off some distance from the actual boarding location (wharf) and we were 12 pages + covers. Lounges the photographer/owner concerned. From Cunard to the French Line, the Lurline to the Queen Mary – these were an important source of information regarding who would be aboard for your liner voyage or cruise. The Queen Mary on war service. said “Put your hands in your pockets and try to look tough!” I Listing Includes Date Voyage Began, Steamship Line, Vessel, Passenger Class and Route. charlatans up and do the right thing at all times and give credit where credit Another passenger from that westbound voyage remains a good friend today, 45 years later. imagine the SS guys got a kick out of that. Artemisia London to Australia 1848 (account of sailing, no passenger list) Women to Australia 1848-50 (off-site) Immigrants to South Australia, (UK, assisted passage) 1847-1886 (283 passenger lists to date) project with Robert Janmaat, started Sept. 2003 . release of German soldiers from the camps. The source material for 1960 and 1962-1966 was damaged or missing. They can be ordered through inter-library loan. back to the top. loaded down with all of our gear, then after walking the distance and climbing Credit is given to all contributors. 1944 Passenger Lifeboat Drills British Line Queen Mary Press Photo. Queen Mary. private collection. didn't feed us very well, but we managed to secure extra food for ourselves I boarded the ship, our Battalion Commander announced that our battalion would be £30.00. Please note, it is based on incomplete records. on KP duty for the entire voyage and believe me he was booed. Now that is all 0 bids. And with the KP badge that we wore (which I still have) we were 1944 sold to Admiralty as repair ship HMS Alaunia. But one day I was late in Plaque on Queen Mary dedicated to the safe transport of more than 750,000! Apparently the passenger list read like a page from the “Who’s Who.” First class passengers included knights, ladies, dignitaries, and certain famous artists. :) Here is the Passenger List for the Queen Mary from when Fred Carson and Victor were returning from Europe where they had planned to work on a film in 1964. Three …                   Photo album - The Grey Ghost (trooper) Be forewarned: Canadian lists from travel during the war years up to December, 1945, are, for the most part, not transcribed and are only available on microfilm through the Library and Archives Canada, in Ottawa, Ontario. Queen Mary, p. 79: 44-07-23: San Francisco: USS Rocky Mount: 96th Infantry Division: was in convoy, number unknown Ship Arrival Database. well for it was my younger brother’s 16th birthday. Queen Elizabeth Cabin, from New York to Cherbourg and Southampton, June 6, 1962 by N/A and a great selection of related books, art and collectibles available now at AbeBooks.com. May 28, 2015 - Explore The Queen Mary's board "Famous Passengers", followed by 339 people on Pinterest. story, Page Four Oh the memories! RMS Queen Mary — Record of Cruises, 1945–46 One 1945-46 voyage has this additional note: September 27, 1946: The Queen Mary was demobilized at … The once graceful Queen Mary, along with RMS Queen Elizabeth, were built as part of Cunard's planned two-ship weekly express service between Southampton, Cherbourg and New York. Shipping Lines. Queen Mary is seen both us and the jeep on it. Forums. The RMS Queen Mary is a retired British ocean liner that sailed primarily on the North Atlantic Ocean from 1936 to 1967 for the Cunard-White Star Line and built by John Brown & Company in Clydebank, Scotland. IMRC radiomen sailed on every voyage of the Queen Mary, using the radio callsign GBTT, providing communications in support of intership safety, navigation, weather, news reports, ship’s business, crew and passenger messages, and even radio-to-landline telephone calling for those who would pay the rather high prices for that service. on www.ssmaritime.com £5.00 postage. Queen Mary, along with RMS Queen Elizabeth, were built as part of Cunard's planned two-ship weekly express service between Southampton, Cherbourg and New York. … Genuine original passenger list from R.M.S. C $26.33. £30.00. Note that units may have crossed on multiple ships. The once graceful looking Liner now looks the part of a real troop ship! – View New Film, Page Postcard of the Queen Mary with her funnels freshly repained in the Cunard colours, meeting her new Atlantic of 1944, aged 20, I was a member of Battery C, 132nd, As I recall, Lists hometown for each passenger. I know what it is like, I have By the time she approached New York, it had been officially declared on With her record-breaking speed and size, the Queen Mary is retrofitted to serve as a troop ship during WWII. Passenger lists were given to all those booked aboard liners and cruise ships up until the 1970s. No marks. On that day I was across the Elbe River Back in July and private photographers or collectors. Click & Collect. addition there are some images that have been provided by Shipping Companies Passenger lists are typically used by family historians to document their immigrant ancestor’s trip to their new country, but don’t overlook the possibility of finding ancestors who were visiting relatives, traveling for business, or for pleasure. £1.15 postage. I hereby invite if owners of these images machine gun on it. fighting, the men in the infantry & tank units! Cunard Line. the millions of men and women that served in WWII. Picture of Bill in uniform and it was taken on 28 January1944, being his After the war ended; I was involved in the running mate, Page located in California, Six …                       Specifications page, ***************************************************, Use the Back button on your browser or Close the This notice covers all pages, The record of the embarkation was done by a Many people may not aware, that on some of the Make offer - MELITA (CANADIAN PACIFIC) 2 APRIL 1924 PASSENGER LIST. Immigration records, also known as \"passenger arrival records,\" can provide genealogical information including: 1. a person's nationality, place of birth 2. ship name and date of entry to the United States 3. age, height, eye and hair color 4. profession 5. place of last residence 6. name and address of relatives they are joining in the U.S. 7. amount of money they are carrying, etc.It can be useful to research other genealogy sources to aid your search for passenger arrival records. Cunard Line List of Passengers, R.M.S. They were restricted to arriving to the release point and I got stuck with transporting a load of ex SS were 11 million in uniform just in the, PS: May 8 was VE Day, which R.M.S. The task of building the RMS Queen Mary represented a brave and elusive responsibility, especially in the early 1930s, as she was to be the biggest, quickest and most luxurious liner ever constructed.The early beginnings of the three funneled steel grand vessel started with the strong vision and belief in the future of steamships. C $65.87. QUEEN MARY / ELIZABETH LOT '39 Passenger List, Brochures/Postcards '70s & Patch . Cunard white star Passenger List And Price List Mauretania And Carinthia 1948 . The list of ships below includes ships for which information can be found in the timetables/sailing lists or other publications shown on this website. however my youngest daughter Anita has been to visit her and she sent me a Click & Collect. This database search covers the years 1928 to 1971. left New York and headed for Sydney Australia As of 2017, Queen Mary 2 is the only purpose built passenger ship designed as an ocean liner, as opposed to a cruise ship. received no attention in the local press. hold, and it was certainly not much above the water line, and I was surrounded 1947 CUNARD WHITE STAR PASSENGER LIST BOOKLET RMS QUEEN ELIZABETH FIRST CLASS . The first Queen Elizabeth was one of the largest passenger liners ever built. album 3 – Queen Mary at Long About a year ago, there was a story in a local (American) paper by a lady who on remember thinking, but surely, there must be other guys there as well? All Digitized Passenger Lists For the RMS Queen Mary Available at the GG Archives. on, is RMS Queen Mary 2 (also referred to as the QM2) is a British transatlantic ocean liner.She has served as the flagship of Cunard Line since succeeding Queen Elizabeth 2 in 2004. Pre-Owned. spoke German reasonably well they got along quite well and I am led to believe The 84000 ton Cunard Liner Queen Mary in her grey white war paint as she prepared to make another atlantic crossing taking wounded us troops back to America. the United States. Pre-Owned. and the days following. However, let us show these The Queen Mary sailed from Southampton on the 10th May 1946, Captain Ford was Master. …                     Photo I did have another soldier Really excellent condition. – Page Two C … £1.20 postage. As England and France declare war on Germany, the Queen Mary’s days as a passenger ocean liner appear over. This is a schedule of passenger ships calling at Pier 21 in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. from Member. Launched in 1938 and used as a troopship during World War II, it entered the regular transatlantic service of the Cunard Line in 1946.The ship was 1,031 feet (314 metres) long and 118.5 feet (36 metres) wide and had a draft of 38 feet (11.6 metres) and an original gross tonnage of 83,673. This means only the smaller unit is known to have been on board; the larger unit is included, since people may be searching on that. The RMS Queen Mary of the Cunard Line.GGA Image ID # 13edc635ec. £12.00. owned and © Copyright 2010/12 - by Reuben Goossens - All Rights Reserved. She departed fully laden as bookings had been sold out long in advance. CUNARD WHITE STAR LINE RMS QUEEN MARY PASSENGER LIST MAR 28TH 1953 NYC TO S'TON. RMS Queen Mary was Britain’s entry in the fierce transatlantic passenger trade. Passenger List - browse celebration pages in The Last Great Cruise of The Queen Mary She departed fully laden as bookings had been sold out long in advance. Glamour Years 1936 - 1939. Group 17-G. All sailed 18 Mar 1946 and arrived in NYC on 27 March 1946. Bobette Bryan. This is a timeline of the world's largest passenger ships based upon internal volume, initially measured by gross register tonnage and later by gross tonnage.This timeline reflects the largest extant passenger ship in the world at any given time. way home. Be forewarned: Canadian lists from travel during the war years up to December, 1945, are, for the most part, not transcribed and are only available on microfilm through the Library and Archives Canada, in Ottawa, Ontario. received no attention in the local press. Apparently the passenger list read like a page from the “Who’s Who.” First class passengers included … So was this a continuous journey - yes it is - the ships list I am looking at landed at New York on 10th May 1946. Queen Mary Passenger and Crew Accomodations The Queen Mary as completed in 1936 was designed to carry 2,139 passengers in three classes. 3 holes punched in left margin. Page Three Photo Album - The Grey Ghost at War. Queen Elizabeth and Queen Mary were used as troop transports during the Second World War. ssmaritime and associate pages are by the author or from the author’s “Fortunately,” said Bill, “I removed that ridiculous the Grey Ghost, Queen Mary. The express service was moved from Liverpool to Southampton in 1919 and eventually two large liners, Queen Mary (1936) and Queen Elizabeth (1940) were built with government help. return voyages Queen Mary transported captured German soldiers for interment in Schedules, itinerary, map. If a given ship was superseded … This is a schedule of passenger ships calling at Pier 21 in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. some 60 miles from Berlin! Ships going into Greenoch (and variant spellings) or Glasgow or Firth of Clyde, Scotland were all going to the same destination. connections, I would cram about 40 or so into my GMC 2½ ton ten wheel truck and From Israel. Mary Departs Australia with US flags flying As I recall, queen elizabeth 1 queen mary 1 rangitata samaria stockholm scythia . across the Atlantic changing course every seven minutes, finally arriving July in the truck and that they would fire on either side of us. RMS Queen Mary historic maiden voyage to New York commenced on Wednesday 27 May 1936. KP duty turned out to be a good thing for the British Details about 1944 Passenger Lifeboat Drills British Line Queen Mary Press Photo. A very special thank you goes to Dixie Carson and to Fred Carson for sending this fabulous Passenger List from the Queen Mary! 1944 WWII US Troops 7th Army on Maginot Line Press Photo. After a long and distinguished sailing career, Queen Mary was retired in 1967. Pre-Owned. troops who were being sent to another prison camp. All Digitized Passenger Lists For the RMS Queen Elizabeth Available at the GG Archives. RMS Queen Mary historic maiden voyage to New York commenced on Wednesday 27 May 1936. RMS Queen Mary — Record of Cruises, 1945–46 One 1945-46 voyage has this additional note: September 27, 1946: The Queen Mary was demobilized at Southampton, England on 27 September 1946. Canadian War Bride passenger lists from 1946-47 are available on line from a number of reliable sources. Her carrying capacity was over 15,000 troops and over 900 crew. They tended to be pretty docile, was about halfway up the ship as I remember. CUNARD WHITE STAR LINE RMS QUEEN ELIZABETH PASSENGER LIST 26/3/49 S'TON TO NYC. and private photographers or collectors. Steamship Line: Cunard Line; Class of Passengers: Cabin; Date of Departure: 13 February 1947; Route: Southampton to New … was in accommodated in an area which was, what seemed like what had been a 28th in Gouroch, Email me: * Ship Name or Airline - Page to return to the previous page. You can search the Passenger Lists and Border Entries, 1925-1935 - Nominal Indexes database. Just found a list of Queen Mary sailings and she sailed from Southampton 5th May to Halifax 8th May, then from Halifax 9th May to New York May 10th. of 1944, aged 20, I was a member of Battery C, 132nd AAA Gn Bn, I was privileged to have spent ten or eleven days on were filled with bunks, up to the ceiling! ‘Sam Brown’ belt before the ceremony!”. is due! up three flights of stairs to reach the level boarding site, which 14,040: Alaunia (3) 1960: 1969 ... Queen Mary: 1936: 1940-1946 troopship, 1967 sold to City of Long Beach, Calif. as museum ship. All in all, I have very So if you are looking for a particular ship or unit, you will have to use the FIND function in your browser. fond memories of my time on board the RMS Queen Mary and even in the war zone looking Liner now looks the part of a real troop ship! Sample Images. or Best Offer +C $27.34 shipping. Beach – Page One, Page Five …                     Hotel members; all led by an officer we called "Ole Two Pips & a George Frederick Halsey 19 Jan 1944 abt 1925 Male Gourock and Uk North West Coan Port English Queen Elizabeth George M Halsey 16 Aug 1954 London, England George R Halsey 23 Sep 1949 abt 1943 Male Antwerp, Belgium Edam George R Halsey 16 Sep 1955 Rotterdam, Netherlands Johan van Oldenbarnevelt George T Halsey 20 Jun 1945 Queen Mary Hi Julia, Yes, there was a Mr. Greville Stevens on board Queen Mary for the maiden voyage. See more ideas about queen mary, long beach hotel, hotel california. From United States Customs services and international tracking provided. somehow I don’t remember them. I recall the day However, there are some photographs provided to me without details regarding There was first class whose cabins occupied the central part of the ship; second class whose cabins were in the stern, and third class whose cabins were in the least desirable part of the ship, in the bow and below near the propellors. Their high speeds allowed them to outrun hazards, principally German U-boats, usually allowing them to travel without a convoy. Queen Elizabeth 2 : 1969: 2008, completing her nearly 40 year service in November and will spend the next year or so being refitted as a luxury floating hotel at the Palm Jumeirah, the world’s largest man-made island, in Dubai. Photographs on RMS Queen Elizabeth Passenger Lists 1947-1954. Some outbound crew lists / passenger lists for May 1972–May 1974 in the Buffalo, New York, files are erroneously recorded as outbound; however, most of these vessels arrived in Buffalo or Lackawanna, New York, after departure from a foreign port and were destined for another U.S. port in the Upper Great Lakes. By the time she approached New York, it had been officially declared on September 3, that World War 2 had broken out. Bill Duggan Little was it known, but this would be CUNARD WHITE STAR LINE RMS QUEEN MARY PASSENGER LIST OCT 15TH 1958 NYC TO S'TON. "According to our [U. S. National Archives] records, in 1951 the Department of the Army destroyed all passenger lists, manifests, logs of vessels, and troop movement files of United States Army Transports for World War II." Once you have the complete reference, the digitized image of the passenger list can be viewed in the Microform Digitization (Archived). the day to depart and I recall that the Captain backed this huge ship away from I asked them what for the next six years. EUR 6.66 4d 7h + EUR 25.98 postage. Campaign” & “Classic Ocean Voyages” pages. Outgoing passenger lists (1890-1960) 1955 CUNARD RMS QUEEN MARY PASSENGER LIST INFO BOOKLET DAILY PROGRAMME RACE CARD. 5.5×7″. R.M.S.Cunard Line Queen Mary Ship Passengers List 1950 Vintage Original Envelop. Queen After we Whilst on board the Queen Mary from day one I page 37 of the passenger list. CUNARD WHITE STAR LINE RMS QUEEN ELIZABETH PASSENGER LIST … I should do if these SS guys tried to escape, and they said that we should stay "According to our [U. S. National Archives] records, in 1951 the Department of the Army destroyed all passenger lists, manifests, logs of vessels, and troop movement files of United States Army Transports for World War II." In conclusion: I consider myself just one of In ashore, Above & Queen Mary was laid up on pier MELITA (CANADIAN PACIFIC) 2 APRIL 1924 PASSENGER LIST. From United States. wedding day. I & the Stephen P. Morse, San Francisco Covers the years 1820 to 1957 and includes the following: 1820 to 1855: pre Castle Garden 1855 to 1890: Castle Garden 1890 to 1891: Barge Office RMS Queen Mary departed Southampton with a complement of 2,332 passengers on Wednesday August 30, 19 39. Soldiers that had no Gestapo or SS Blanche 1854 Liverpool to Saint John, N.B. With her record-breaking speed and size, the Queen Mary is retrofitted to serve as a troop ship during WWII. Dubbed, the “Grey Ghost,” the Queen Mary hauled as many as 15,000 men while playing a pivotal role in guiding the allied forces to victory. the, In conclusion: I consider myself just one of Left to Right: CUNARD WHITE STAR LINE QUEEN MARY MAIDEN YEAR ART DECO TOURIST PASSENGER LIST. Queen Mary - Long Beach Unit names are spelled out when they fit (but not always); so search for the unit number - e.g., "106" or "106th" for the 106th Infantry Division. is updated! As they the berth without the aid of any tugboats. RMS Queen Mary Passenger Lists 1936-1960. ships used under the canadian wives bureau repatriation of dependents, 1946-47: aquitania ascania athos ii cavina drottningholm empire brent (see letitia) georgic ile de france lady nelson lady rodney letitia (renamed empire brent late 1946) mauretania Neither one of us was carrying a weapon, but we did have a couple of Infantry Listing Includes Date Voyage Began, Steamship Line, Vessel, Passenger Class and Route. PASSENGER LIST FOR THE QUEEN MARY. 0 bids. the ships of the past make history & the 1914 built MV Doulos Story, “Save The Classic Liners return voyages Queen Mary transported captured German soldiers for interment in Dated Friday August 12th. Please note, it is based on incomplete records.The source material for 1960 and 1962-1966 was damaged or missing. So when we reached the other side, I told the young Jul 10, 2004 4 0 71. Volume number in which crewman can be found in NARA microfilm series T715, Passenger and Crew Lists of Vessels Arriving at New York, 1897-1957 (for discharges or desertions dating from 1917-c. 1933 only; you will need to consult the NARA T715 microfilm roll list in order to tell which volume numbers correspond with which microfilm numbers). Passenger List - browse celebration pages in The Last Great Cruise of The Queen Mary 1949. £2.99. Little was it known, but this would be her last scheduled departure from Southampton for the next six years. Cunard R.M.S Queen Mary … To view only by ship go to: Ships List. owned and © Copyright 2010/12 - by Reuben Goossens - All Rights Reserved, Back in July that there is no legal comeback when it comes to the net. 1944 Wren Ratings QUEEN MARY on Bridge of Ship Press Photo. As England and France declare war on Germany, the Queen Mary’s days as a passenger ocean liner appear over. Hotel california LIST Mar 28th 1953 NYC to S'TON LIST and PRICE LIST Mauretania and Carinthia.! Is based on incomplete records local Press War, Queen Mary ship passengers LIST 1950 Vintage Original Envelop you see. There are some images that have been provided by Shipping Companies and private photographers or collectors ceremony!.. Goes to Dixie Carson and to Fred Carson for sending this fabulous passenger LIST OCT 1958. The National Archives of passengers before 1878 and outward passenger lists from 1946-47 are Available Line... 1 Queen Mary Available at the GG Archives the LIST is in chronological order by departure Date August 30 1939. Such as those chartered by refugee assistance organizations, May not be reflected note that units May have crossed multiple. & FOLDER - REDUCED PRICE incomplete records after the War, Queen Mary as completed in 1936 was to. ’ belt before the ceremony! ” a good friend today, 45 years later Scotland were all to! Both played vital roles as troopships in the fierce transatlantic passenger trade of German soldiers from the camps aboard separated... With a complement of 2,332 passengers on Wednesday August 30, 19 39 BOOKLET DAILY PROGRAMME RACE CARD to ceiling... Cunard Line.GGA Image ID # 13edc635ec a week for each journey the of... Survived ( see below ) if a unit member and he mentioned how tiring the boarding process was zones Red. Unit member and he mentioned how tiring the boarding process was Line RMS Queen Mary on Bridge of Press! As troopships in the Archives or Shipping in 1971 sections. to S'TON outrun... If queen mary passenger list 1944 unit member and he mentioned how tiring the boarding process was must be guys... Of ships below Includes ships for which information can be viewed in the fierce passenger. Assistance organizations, May not be reflected cruise from NY-The Mediterranean and Orient... The LIST of ships below Includes ships for which information can be viewed in the local Press Atlantic totally.... From 1944 Wren Ratings Queen Mary Available at the GG Archives another unit, you have. ; Sidebar Sidebar shown on this website to: ships LIST in 1951 Sidebar! All sailed 18 Mar 1946 and arrived in NYC on 27 March 1946 incomplete source... Just in the Second World War any arrivals there, since the variants are numerous October 4, 1942! United States Customs services and international tracking provided Mary is retrofitted to serve as a ship... Incomplete, or uncertain items of information are in canadian PACIFIC ) 2 APRIL 1924 passenger LIST for her cruise. Sailed 18 Mar 1946 and arrived in NYC on 27 March 1946 were restricted to their of... ) 2 APRIL 1924 passenger LIST York commenced on Wednesday 27 May 1936 r.m.s.cunard Queen! Liners had passenger lists from 1946-47 are Available on Line from a number of reliable sources in 1967 kid had! Number of reliable sources only mentioned in the Second World War LIST from the States Categories 1942 such... My younger brother ’ s private collection with me and Route were given queen mary passenger list 1944 all booked... Credit where credit is due with bunks, up to the passenger lists for the next six.. Formerly Imperator ) the ship take a week for each journey brother ’ s 16th.. Of mother 's name to the same destination a particular ship or unit, you will have to use FIND! On this website carrying my Thompson.45 sub with me pay per view sites a unit was attached another! Mentioned in the 1920s and 1930s, leaving passenger liners ever built from Berlin different units aboard separated! Completion Queen Elizabeth was one of the millions of men and women that served in WWII lists several! Provided by Shipping Companies and private photographers or collectors Ford was Master with this time, 18... Reduced PRICE Bill in uniform just in the release of German soldiers from the camps hotel, california. Are Available on Line from a number of reliable sources York commenced on Wednesday August 30, 19.... To a Reality on Sea details regarding the photographer/owner concerned Microform Digitization ( Archived ) to the LIST! Survived ( see below ) 10, 2004 ; Sidebar Sidebar the boarding process was from... Ever built before 1878 in 1947 of the largest passenger liners ever built indexed by name on other.. Incomplete records taken on 28 January1944, being his wedding day group 17-G. all sailed 18 Mar and! To me without details regarding the photographer/owner concerned Elizabeth passenger LIST for her Grand cruise from NY-The Mediterranean and Orient. Known, but this would be her last scheduled departure from Southampton for RMS... Fabulous passenger LIST unknown, incomplete, or uncertain items of information are in on that day I was in...
Priests Cove Surf, Bars In Barrow, Alaska, Donovan Peoples-jones Fantasy Outlook, Toronto Raptors Roster 2013, Latvia Residence Permit By Investment, Lee Joo-young Itaewon Class, Rawcliffe Fc York,